First Conference for Business Schools of
Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Universities
Conference Theme: "The Role of Business Schools in
the context of Contemporary Challenges and Issues"
Organized by :
King Saud University, Riyadh
Sunday, 16/4/1435h 2/16/2014
The Conference Program:
The First Day:
- Conference opening and welcome remarks.
- The panel discussion: A panel discussion titled:
"Addressing Contemporary Challenges and Issues in
Finance and Business". The panel will consist of
distinguished policy makers of public and private
organizations in the GCC countries.
- The plenary sessions entitled: " Advancement of
Education System among Business Colleges in GCC"
- The plenary sessions will consist of the following tracks:
- Track (1): Employment Opportunities of Business
- School Graduates and Market Needs
- Track (2): Accreditation and total Quality
- Track (3): "Developing Cooperation among Gulf
Business Schools in the Areas of E-Learning"
The Second Day:
- Scientific research papers on business and economics
of GCC Countries
- First session:
- Addressing Challenges of Economic Integration
- Trends of Oil Markets
- Economic Diversification
- Second session:
- Financial Liquidity and Financial Market Activities
- Efficiency of Financial Markets
- Recent Trends of Financial Management among Corporations
- Third session:
- Role of Accounting Information in Financial Markets
- Compatibility of Accounting Standards in GCC with
International Accounting Standards
- Experiences of Gulf Universities in supporting Accounting
- Fourth session:
- Strategic Planning
- Governance and Social Responsibility
- Talent Management and Human Resources Management
- Marketing Opportunities and Challenges in the Gulf Region
- Fifth session: Samples of graduate students research papers
Panel Discussion and Workshop:
- Panel discussion: "Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises"
- Workshop: "Scientific Research and Publication Challenges and Strategies of publishing in the ISI journals"
- The Conference Scientific Committee withhold the right to make final decision on the submitted papers.
- All research papers submitted will be peer reviewed by distinguished scientific members.
- Chairman of the Scientific Committee will communicate the acceptance/denial of paper to the author at an early date.
The accepted research papers which meet the following criteria will
be published in the conference proceeding:
- The paper has not been previously published.
- The paper must be within 25 pages limit including tables, figures, and references.
- The paper should be written in Arabic or English, with abstract in English.
- The paper must include an abstract of 250 words describing the objective and findings of the study.
In-text citations shall include the author and year of publication (in
parentheses); while the list of references should be classified in an
alphabetical order according to the author's name, year of
publication, title, name of publishing period, volume number, and
- Papers should be emailed to the Chairman of the Scientific Committee at
Web Site: http://cba.ksu.edu.sa/ar/gulf_community