BSBA major in Accounting
Founded in 1379/1380 AH (1959/1960 AD), the accounting department in the College of Business Administration is one of the oldest academic departments among national universities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The department provides highly qualified human resources in the field of accounting (i.e., financial accounting, managerial and cost accounting, external and internal auditing, zakat and tax accounting, and accounting information systems), with the goal of fulfilling the needs of both the public and private sectors keeping pace with economic development in the Kingdom,
The department seeks to prepare its student to pass professional tests in accounting, while also encouraging its faculty’s research and consulting, which aspires to supply society with useful, targeted studies.
Subsequent to the proposal of the College Council and the stakeholders; and the University Council’s recommendation, the University Administration sets the number of students who can be admitted into the program during the next academic year. The following conditions are required from the prospective student in order to be accepted in the university:
1. The student must hold the general secondary certificate (i.e. High School Diploma) or any equivalent from inside or outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
2. The general secondary certificate or any equivalent must not be more than 5 years old.
3. The student must have good behavior and conduct.
4. The student must successfully pass the examination or the interview held by the senate.
5. The student must be medically fit.
6. The student must obtain the approval from his employer allowing him to study if he works in the public or private sector.
7. The student must meet any conditions assigned by the senate at the time of registration.
8. The student should not have been expelled from any university due to disciplinary or academic reasons.
9. The student who already has a bachelor’s degree or any equivalent will not be admitted for another bachelor’s degree. However, the senate is entitled to some exceptions.
Tax and ZAKAT Specialists