The College of Business Administration was established under the name of the Faculty of Commerce in 1379 AH / 1959 AD as the first college in business administration in the Kingdom. Since then, the College has undertaken to develop administrative and commercial education in the Kingdom and has graduated thousands of male and female students who now hold leading positions in various public and private organizations.
With the restructuring of the academic departments of the faculty and renamed the Faculty of Business Administration to keep pace with the continuous development, The academic departments have been divided and changed in the names of scientific departments of the faculty to become more specialized scientific departments to keep up with the specializations in the American and European universities. For example, Department of Business Administration was divided as a general department into specialized departments (Finance Department, Marketing Department, Health Administration Department, Public Administration Department, and Department of Management). In addition, the Department of Quantitative Methods has changed to the Department of Quantitative Analysis to become a postgraduate department and support for all academic departments in the faculty.
Since the specialty of insurance requires knowledge and qualification in quantitative analysis (mathematics and statistics), also insurance is part of risk management, therefore there was a common vision from the three departments they are: Quantitative Analysis, Financial Management and Health Administration to create an executive master’s program in insurance and a partnership between them.
Executive Master in Insurance (EMI)
Significance and Justifications of Program Creation :
- Keep up with the ongoing development of universities in developed countries, especially the United States and European countries, with regard to Risk Management and Insurance.
- To meet the needs of the Saudi business market with this important and accurate specialization related to risks and insurance.
Be a leading regional Master program in Insurance, and in line with advanced and distinguished universities in the world.
Preparing scientifically and technically qualified graduates in Risk Management and Insurance science, and meet the needs of the business market in Saudi Arabia
- Supply the Saudi business market with Risk Management and Insurance specialists.
- Acquire a philosophical, analytical and statistical framework to facilitate the successful transition of organizations and insurance companies to RMI.
- Contributing to increasing insurance awareness in Saudi society.
- Community service by supporting and implementing Risk Management and Insurance methodologies.
- Knowledge and Comprehension:
- Recognition of the basic concepts of Risk Management and Insurance.
- The ability to use mathematical and statistical theories in Risk Management and Insurance.
- The ability to support and assist decision-makers.
- The ability to use modern software technologies in making decisions in Risk Management and Insurance problems.
- Mental Skills:
- Analysis of the various Insurance problems.
- Propose different alternatives of Risk Management and Insurance problems.
- Professional and Practical Skills:
- Spread awareness and knowledge of insurance in Saudi society.
- Developing specialized human resources, new ideas and research in the field of insurance to keep pace with the development in international insurance institutions.
- Application mathematical and statistical methods in risk management and insurance operations.
- The ability to work in a team (Teamwork).
- General Skills:
- Effective communication with parties involved in risk management and insurance.
- Take responsibility for contributing to risk management and insurance operations
- Ministries, governmental bodies and institutions.
- Insurance and reinsurance companies, insurance brokers and Cooperative Health Insurance Council.
- Private business sectors such insurance companies.
- Professional individuals responsible for various insurance sectors (brokers, agents, and adjustors).
- Academics in universities and higher institutes.
Employment Opportunities Available:
Graduates of the program can work in any field and at any administrative level, in relation to risk management and insurance, in many ministries, agencies and institutions, for example:
- Saudi Insurance and Reinsurance Companies.
- Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency, Public Pension Agency, General Organization for Social Insurance and Cooperative Health Insurance Council.
- Companies, consultants' offices, insurance brokers, and actuarial experience offices.
- Hospitals, clinics and medical centers operating within the health insurance system.
- Private sector companies related to insurance companies.
In addition to the admission requirements contained in the unified regulations for graduate studies in Saudi universities and the organizational and executive rules and procedures for postgraduate studies at King Saud University, the department requires the following to enroll in the program:
- The applicant must have a bachelor's degree from a Saudi university or any university recommended by the Ministry of Education in Saudi Arabia in one of the scientific or health disciplines with at least a good grade.
- The applicant must have at least two years of practical experience.
Requirements for obtaining the Degree:
The student must pass (36) study units including the research project.
Program's Targeted Group
male and female students
Friday & Saturday of each week.
The cost of the teaching unit
(2400) SAR per unit.
Program General Structure:
- Non-thesis Option
Number of required units is (36) including the research project as follows:
Type of Courses
No. of Courses
No. of Units Required
(33) study units
(3) study units
(36) study units
Program Study Plan:
Program Courses Description: