Description of The Unit:
The Development Unit is the administrative unit dealing with all aspects of development initiatives at the college, such as management development, the development of services in the college and the development of human resources- faculty, employees, and students- in addition to identifying possible improvement areas and proposing projects and work-teams to achieve them.
Tasks of The Unit:
1 - Development of systems and administrative work at the college in the light of the mission and goals of the College through communication and exchange of experiences with similar colleges on the national and international levels.
2 - Finding solutions to the problems faced by academic departments and administrative units of the college in order to overcome the difficulties that hinder the college from achieving its objectives and minimize their effects.
3 - Working to improve services provided to students, faculty and employees.
4 - Helping various academic departments and administrative units within the college to develop and improve their services and upgrade their performance through constant cooperation and holding seminars and specialized workshops.
5 - Coordinating with the Deanship of Skills Development at the University towards development of the college's human resources and holding suitable workshops.
Development of Human Skills
It is intended to increase the knowledge, skills and capabilities of the workforce that is able to operate in all areas in order to raise the level of their productivity efficiency to optimal extent.
Build and develop intellectual capabilities as well as upgrade human skills in order to enhance the efficiency of performance.
1.Providing information and knowledge for optimal performance.
2. Providing the basic skills to carry out the job properly.
3. Providing innovative training to ensure development.
4. Positive impact on the attitudes of faculty by benefiting from capabilities and modification of behavior vis-à-vis work.
5. The transfer of global expertise in information and knowledge, according to the needs of the labor market.
6. Providing opportunities for the transfer of training expertise among participant faculty themselves.
7. Using of modern technology in the field of management, such as e-management and information technology and decision support systems
8. Providing programs to develop the performance of academic leaders and non-academic and development of human resource.
9. Improving activities that maximize the use of educational resources and working to provide more educational services for students.
10. Enhancing activities aimed at increasing the efficiency of external relations units within the institutions of higher education.
11. Continuous training of the human resources through the mechanism of linkage between research centers and universities.
12. Cooperation in the field of training and human resource development, especially in the field of distance education.
Basic Principles for The Application of Strategic Quality Management.
1 - Continuous development and improvement, particularly at high, middle, and low levels of management in the organization with consistency of improvement efforts and ongoing evaluation of its operations within the framework of internal and external environment of the project.
2 - The continuity of training, education and cultural development of workers at all levels, which promotes harmony and integration administratively and strategically.
3 - Availability of information and measurement to support the efforts of strategic quality and raise the level of awareness and improvement of employees at all levels of management.
4 - Cooperation, participation and empowerment to support the application and the continuity of development, despite the divergence of views between the parties of the organization. This awareness will develop over time and break down bureaucracy and chaos.
5 - Measurement and evaluation of the results of the administrative system.
Elements of The Application for The Strategic Quality Process
There are five stages to the application of strategic quality:
1 - Developing a good vision and mission.
2 - Developing quality objectives as part of the Strategic Plan.
3 – Publication of quality objectives for each organizational level and sub-level.
4 - Identifying and locating those resources.
5 - Reports of the work results are necessary for the analysis and evaluation.
Impediments to The Application of Strategic Quality Management
1 - Chaos and lack of clear delineation of authorities and responsibilities.
2 - Centralization that does not support the efforts and benefits of delegation.
3 –There is no ownership of the operational process as it consists in integration and cooperation between all activities.
4 - Focusing on short-term goals instead of the client and the environment.
5 – Weakness of existing information systems at organization, even to the smallest administrative unit.
6 - Non-participation of high level of management in the efforts of development projects.
7 - Weakness in the encourage system incentives for effective performance.
The Axis of The Academic Services Development
1. Putting a comprehensive description for the academic programs and research, their respective courses, and community service programs offered by the College of Business Administration.
2. Putting a comprehensive description for the administrative system including its departments, units, and organizational relationships.
3. Putting a comprehensive description for the infrastructure and teaching aids used to provide activities of the college.
4. Providing a set of proposals and recommendations on ways to develop the strengths and address the weaknesses.
5. Development of awareness among faculty members and their associates of the importance of self-evaluation as input for the performance development and quality.
6. Advancement of the educational process towards more efficiency and increasing the quality of learning opportunities for students.
7. Development of information technology applications to include the establishment of e-courses, development of digital examination systems and library, and facilitating access to international research and relevant databases.
8. Development of laboratories at the college (educational and research) and equipping them with modern technology.
9. Communicating with alumni and beneficiaries for the development of educational performance and research at the college.
10. Promoting total quality culture among all members and students of the college to help it achieve its mission.
11. Development of the integrated academic programs.
12. Establishment of new academic programs.
13. Establishment of cooperation protocols with major international universities and institutions.
14. Development of teaching methods and educational technology by using modern instruments and equipment.
15. Development of faculty members' skills through short and targeted training programs.
16. Hosting experts and visiting professors in order to develop capabilities of faculty members and participate in the development of courses and teaching aids.
17. Establishment of joint programs with international educational institutions in various fields.
18. Substantive services: These include technical consultancy for establishment of institutions or building educational cadres and training and retraining.
19. Multidisciplinary research in specific areas of interest for research and education development units.
20. Projects with multi-institutional partnership so as to encourage universities and high institutions to work together towards implementing projects in specific areas .
The Beneficiaries from The Academic Services Development Project
1. Faculty members and their associates, through development of their skills and teaching and research capabilities.
2. Members of administrative units within the college, through development of organizational relationships in order to ensure the flow of work in the administrative system and the various units and eliminate obstacles to work.
3. Students, through improving the quality of educational services that are offered them, and development of other services- sports, cultural, and social services- provided to them, in addition to benefiting from development of the scientific content of the courses they are studying.
4. Public Administration of the University, through rationalization of the financial resources allocation for the aspects of the various activities at the college and university.
5. Special units, through the services provided by the College through various training programs.
The Role of The Student in The Continuous Development Within The College
As part of the College's policy for achieving total quality control within the educational process the student shall assume an active and strong role in the development process through his participation in the activities of the Quality Assurance Unit (conducting research - Seminars - Conferences - Workshops - Questionnaires - participating in committees).